Nearly every material you wear, carry or sit on starts life in a blending plant. And we can blend most of that material with incredible tolerances, that are consistent every time.
Welcome to Pennine Textiles and Recycling, the UK’s only independent automatic commission textile blending manufacturer and equestrian surface material blender.
Fibre and Textile Blending
Our diverse approach to Textile Blending covers the whole fibre spectrum from polyester, wool, cashmere, angora, polypropylene and nylon, to more specialised fibres such as Kevlar, anti-static fibres and even steel.
Our fibres are used in many industries, such as:
- Automotive Industry
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Habadashery and Craft
- Home Furnishings
Why work with Pennine Textiles?
- We blend fibres to micro-tolerances with 100% accuracy from bale 1 to bale 100.
- We typically remove more than 70% of the dust associated with traditional fibres
- We produce an average of 50-60 tonnes of blended fibre per week
- Our delivery costs are extremely competitive – UK wide
- We hold stock for you, saving you time and space
- We have more than 30 years experience in textiles and our reputation precedes us
The blending process begins with detailed discussions with our client.
What is the objective of the blending process?
What properties do we need to bring to the raw fibre?
Ask yourself these questions, then come and ask us – we are sure to have the answer!
Some common requirements:
- Bale acclimatisation and preparation
- Blend compatibility
- Level of fibre opening
- Improved product structure
– Resilience and strength
– Bulk or texture
- Fire retardency additives
- Anti-allergy additives
- Oil and water additives